When choosing a payment gateway API for credit card processing, it makes sense to look at the software that perfectly matches your business needs. However, there may be no perfect payment gateway API. There’s surely a company that lines up with your needs better than other choices. Thus, it’s important to evaluate the payment processing features and API of a payment gateway while choosing a technology.
You should look for a robust and flexible API that would meet every merchant and developer need, no matter your line of business. Some of the characteristics you may want from a payment gateway include:
- easy integration,
- quick funding,
- excellent service and support,
- a mobile-first strategy that’s ready for the future,
- fraud tools,
- easy checkout for online sales,
- extensive international options
- specific API or products related to your industry.
Choosing a reliable payment gateway API
Here are 6 major characteristics to look for when evaluating a payment gateway API:
- Flexibility. Your payment gateway API needs to fit the needs of your business, your industry, and whatever the future may throw at you. Look for a robust API at the heart of your payment gateway.
- A great interface. You need an interface that your employees find professional and easy to use. When customers enter the checkout process, you need seamless integration that convinces them, you deserve their trust and their business.
- Easy integration. A hassle-free experience keeps your technical team happy and helps ensure that your credit card processing goes smoothly. Most integrations are possible to make with hardly any coding of your own.
- No unnecessary fees. You want a payment gateway API that allows you to integrate in a way that leads to the lowest possible costs from your payment processor. You don’t want a gateway that adds hidden fees or extra charges that are not necessary.
- Security. Check with the payment gateway you’re considering about data encryption, VeriSign SSL certificates, CVV2 verification, and additional encryption algorithms. Your payment gateway should make complete PCI DSS compliance as easy as possible.
- Customer service. No matter the size of your company nor how you integrate with your payment gateway API, you deserve excellent support. A great provider of credit card processing and online payment services will provide nothing less than the best service.
If you’re ready for a payment gateway API that can meet your needs, exceed your expectations and prepare you to face the future, it’s time for you to meet the UniPay platform and the United Thinkers, team. We’re available with options to fit businesses of every size. Why not contact us now?