Looking for a EMV terminal solution based on your business needs? Download this white paper and find out how to choose the right retail POS system for the smooth operation of your business.
Whatever your business, be sure that you will come across a large variety of payment terminals: countertop terminals, portable terminals, virtual terminals, Wi-Fi or GPRS Credit Card Terminals. But how to select the best payment terminal solution for you and your merchants?
With this in mind, we thought it would be helpful to put together our experience and knowledge in a guide to EMV retail POS systems so that you can make the trustworthy investment in your business success and the best decision of your chip card reader as well.
If you run a business that involves face-to-face contact with your customers, such as a retail shop, a fitness club or a restaurant, you may deal exclusively in “card-present” transactions and the best terminal option may be a countertop point-of-sale model.
If you are a merchant who takes mail orders or telephone/fax orders, or if you do business on the internet, you should work with the virtual terminals.
There are a few questions that merchants can ask themselves to help them decide which terminal is the right fit for them:
- What kind of business do you operate? The choice of the retail POS system depends on your company’s type: in-person sales, ecommerce, mobile or mail and telephone orders.
- What features are essential for you? It is important to provide different functionalities for the customers so that they can pay by different methods, including NFC contactless payment methods, such as Apple Pay and Samsung Pay.
- How secure is the payment terminal solution? Other security features than EMV should be included to the right terminal solution, for example P2PE.
- Is the terminal solution EMV Compatible? Retail merchants need to make EMV a priority to ensure that they are protected from chargeback responsibility.
- Is it standalone or integrated? Make sure that the type of terminal solution corresponds the way your business is set up for sales.
- How much does the terminal solution cost? Identifying specific business needs allows you to pick a software with the relevant features. You should not spend money on the features you will never use.
- Is it compatible with your payment gateway & POS system? Before making a final decision, it’s important to find out whether your future terminal solution can work with your current payment gateway and POS system.
To get more instructions on how to choose the right EMV terminal solution that maximizes efficiency, is easy to use and provides the level of service required by the merchants in their particular industry and establishment, download our white paper or contact us directly.